Tuesday, November 27, 2012

So Long, Phony Pencey Prep


     I was informed that I’m being kicked out of my school, Pencey Prep. It’s in Agerstown, Pennsylvania. I really don’t mind that much, I hate that school anyways. It’s swarmed with a bunch of phonies, and there’s nothing I hate more than phonies. Not to mention, I can’t see any ladies around goddamn place. I guess because it is an all-boys school. But still, I would like to go to a place where I can some girls around. I’d really like to talk to more girls.
     I don’t care that I’m leaving this hellhole. Even the principles of this place are bigger phonies than the students! The motto at Pencey is “Since 1888 we have been molding boys into splendid, clear-thinking young men.” That is a load of bull. All the principles care about here is their reputation. We eat piles of pig slop six days a week, but on Saturday nights we have steak and potatoes for dinner. Why is that? Well that’s because most of the boys mothers come and visit them on Sundays, so that when the mom’s ask them what they had for dinner the previous night, they will be impressed to hear they had a hearty meal like steak and potatoes. That’s almost as phony as it gets. The food here sucks. Even the steak we have is like saw-dust.
     I got the boot from Pencey because I failed one of my academics. I know that I could have passed the course, but with all the phonies at this school I couldn’t be less concerned about staying there another semester longer. I hate my roommate and I never get along with my teachers. I just want a new school with some girls in it.
      I haven’t even told my mom or dad that I got the boot yet. The principals are sending me home when the Christmas holidays start. That’s when I plan on telling them.