Wednesday, December 5, 2012

So... About those Ducks?

   I was just wondering if anyone knew where the ducks go when they leave the pond at central park for the winter. Feeling kind of depressed, wondering how they can just up and leave. Do they fly all the way down south for the winter? That seems kind of hard to believe. Wouldn’t they get tired and hungry on their trip? How would a duck make a trip that big without a bus ticket?
   I asked my cab driver today since he seemed like a nice guy and all, but he kept talking about the goddamn fish that stay in the pond all winter long. That seems strange too, what they do. They have to stay in the pond, so they go to a warm spot together and sleep through the winter! They eat and breathe through pores on their skin or something. Anyway, I didn’t care about the stupid fish, but the sonuvabitch wouldn’t stop going on about them. I’m glad we weren’t going out for drinks or something because he probably wouldn’t stop talking about those fish anyway.
   Sometimes I wish I could fly south for the winter, and get away from this goddamn city

No comments:

Post a Comment